Solarwinds Dameware Remote Everywhere
Deliver on-demand remote support from anywhere with our cloud-based solution
SolarWinds Dameware Remote Everywhere provides a uniquely powerful remote support solution for IT professionals to access nearly any platform or device to solve issues quickly. It delivers clear visibility and communication capabilities to solve technical problems fast and delight end users. Packed with all the features of premium, expensive solutions, DRE offers powerful tools, reporting, and session monitoring at an affordable price. Whether responding to a user support request or performing unattended maintenance, with DRE, technicians can complete any remote support function with minimum clicks and time.
Dameware Remote Everywhere is a fast, simple, and lightweight cloud-based remote support solution, accessible from almost anywhere with an internet connection.
Fast Issue Resolution
When an end user has an issue, DRE helps you solve it fast. Avoid long connection or software response times.
Don’t bother an end user unnecessarily; resolve their issues from behind the scenes.
From Anywhere to Everywhere
Get quick remote access from Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux to any desktop or mobile device such as Android or iOS.
Crystal-clear visibility in HD, scaled by the capability of your network.
Establish active sessions in no time.
Don’t waste time. SolarWinds Dameware Remote Everywhere (DRE) typically connects to workstations in less than eight seconds to help you save time.
Reach end users’ systems with safe remote support.
DRE is designed to help keep user data safe via advanced encryption protocols and support for two-factor authentication, as well as multilevel permissions.
Don’t let unresponsive machines keep you from resolving IT issues.
Remotely connect to out-of-band computers with Wake-on-LAN support.
Solve problems without disturbing the end user.
Get almost all the information you need to resolve an issue at the beginning of a support session. DRE gives you system info, BIOS, and device details, in addition to Windows event logs and updates.
Save details for each session to share important troubleshooting information with teammates.
DRE allows you to take screenshots and record during the active session. Add notes to the end user’s request or to session details. You can also save recorded sessions in the cloud.
Improve your help desk department’s performance with robust reporting.
Gain greater insight into your help desk team’s performance. DRE gives you session details, technician performance information, and end users’ survey summaries.
Communicate quickly and conveniently with users during sessions.
Do you need to ask end users about their problems? Connect with them via pre-session or in-session chat, use VoIP, or make a video call without interrupting active sessions. All messages are automatically saved in session logs.
Keep an eye on end-user requests without implementing a complex help desk system.
End users can request help through the DRE agent. Once requested, add notes to a ticket and assign it as needed.
Workstations with two or more monitors are standard these days.
Gain visibility into workstations with multiple monitors. DRE allows you to switch between end users’ monitors with a single click.
For Your Technicians
Techs need sharp, powerful tools to diagnose issues quickly and ensure end users get the service they expect. DRE offers some of the most advanced troubleshooting, communication, and security features to get the job done fast and right.
- Session recording
- Session notes and search
- Missed session notifications
- Color and quality adjustment for high- to low-bandwidth users
- Fast video streaming
- Full-screen and fit-screen views
- Hide wallpaper and screen blanking
- Automatic keyboard translation mapping
- Block remote keyboard and mouse
- Session transfer and multisession handling
- Technician screen sharing
- Change terminal services session
- View-only (monitor-only) sessions
- Blank screen
- Pause session
Troubleshooting and Maintenance Tools
- Run local batch script (system shell session)
- System CMD shell
- Send CTRL-ALT-DEL
- Windows 8 and 10 commands
- Force reboot and reconnect—in Safe Mode if necessary
- Restart and shutdown
- Terminal session access with user access selection
- Port and RDP forwarding
- Lock PC
- Prevent auto-sleep, auto-lock, and inactivity disconnects
- Blank screen
- Pause session
- Take screenshot
Communication and User Help Tools
- Remote printing for Mac and Windows on any printer
- Live chat
- Video conference call
- Laser pointer
- Switch presenter role
- Basic system info (OS, CPU, RAM Network, Disc space)
- System health (temps, system info)
- BIOS and device details
- Video Controller and AV active
- Firewall on
- Applications and drivers
- Start-up programs
- Windows event logs and updates
For Your Business
DRE not only provides clear dashboards and data to help you optimize business efficiency, but also gives you tremendous flexibility to brand and configure elements for your organization. DRE also considers ironclad security fundamental, so you and your end users can rest assured that data is designed to stay safe at every point in the support process.
- Customization of Agent and Applet components
- Custom Terms of Service
- Email customization and branding
- PIN code expiration options
- Controls for idle session timeouts, expected wait time visibility, showing users their position in wait queue
- Mass deployment of agents to machines
- Flexible and granular technician creation
- Multi-layer authentication
- Advanced device inventory
- End-user remote access capability
- Ability to organize by department
- SolarWinds Dameware Remote Everywhere proxies
- Deferred support-request capabilities and queuing
- Custom warnings and communications
- Mandatory and optional surveys for end users
- Calling cards
- Real-time session monitoring
- Session History report with option to drill down into all details and export to .xls
- Session video recording with upload to cloud
- Real-time and historical technician performance
For Your End Users
A simple and pleasant end-user experience is always the IT support professional’s goal. Fast, simple connection and fluid communication are critical to making sure end users and technicians resolve issues swiftly, the first time.
- One-click support requests
- Quick connect from startcontrol.com and 6-digit PIN
- Expected wait time information
- Position in support queue information
- Receipt of session links through email
- Live chat, VoIP calling, and video conference calls
- Pre-session chat
- Laser pointer
- Calling cards
- Automatic report receipt
- Post-session surveys
|Hardware and Software||Requirements|
|Operating System (Technician Console)||
|Operating System (Agent)||
|Network||Ability to make direct outgoing TCP connections, or availability of an HTTP proxy or SOCKS server|
|Hard drive space||20 MB|
The ports identified in the tables below must be accessible for Dameware Remote Everywhere remote control connections.
If the agent has a direct TCP port configured, the same port must be open at the agent's firewall and be accessible by the viewer.
Dameware Remote Everywhere can use the UDP transmission model to connect to devices in addition to TCP.
Initially, the Dameware Remote Everywhere viewer requires access to port 1234. After the system administrator modifies the firewall to enable the identified IP addresses to communicate with the server, the ports can be random.
|80||TCP||-||Outbound||Required for HTTP connectivity|
|443||TCP||-||Outbound||Required for HTTP connectivity|
|1234||UDP||-||Bidirectional||Required for P2P connections|
|1235||UDP||-||Bidirectional||Required for P2P connections|
|3377||TCP||-||Outbound||Failover port where DPI is enabled|
When using Dameware Remote Everywhere, the SolarWinds N-central server must be able to resolve the following domain names:
Is a cloud solution right for my organization?
Give it a try.
Register for a 14-day, risk-free trial. You’ll receive a fully functional version of Dameware Remote Everywhere. You can be up and running typically in minutes.
If your organization requires an on-premises solution, take a look at Dameware Remote Support.
Does SolarWinds offer training or certification for Dameware Remote products?
Yes, the SolarWinds Academy provides these resources for you.
In the SolarWinds Academy, you can find e-learning as well as instructor-led classes to take you from the basics through optimization—all in a single location.
How do I connect with other SolarWinds users?
Visit our THWACK online community.
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process.
Download the Solarwinds Dameware Remote Everywhere Datasheet (.PDF)